Before traveling to any place, it is crucial to plan your budget carefully in order to avoid unnecessary expenses. Hong Kong is renowned for its amazing architecture and excellent shopping malls.
Whether you go to Hong Kong for tourism or for business, it is always important to know how much you need to take with you before you go.
How much do you need to spend if you stay in Hong Kong for a week? During your stay in Hong Kong, you should consider the most important expenses, concerning your daily meals. This information will give you some insight about the average expense for seven days in Hong Kong.
Necessary budget for your meals in Hong Kong
The average cost of breakfast at a moderately priced restaurant in Hong Kong may vary between $2 to $4.5. However, the real expenses will depend on what you choose to eat.
Here are the average prices of 10 most common food items at most of Hong Kong's restaurants:
- Soup is another popular dish in Hong Kong. Restaurants may serve different kinds of soup. Soup is usually served with dry noodles. The average cost of soup is $1.50; or $3.00 for two persons. Won ton soups and Egg Drop Soup are the most common kinds of soup. They cost $1.50 each. Vegetable soup is more expensive, since a bowl of vegetable soup costs $2.00. However, a Special Wonton Soup costs $5.25, because in addition to the dry noodles, it served with other ingredients, including roast pork, shrimp, chicken, and mixed vegetables and wonton. Other kinds of soup are available in most restaurants in Hong Kong.
- Chicken is among the favorites of the local people. Most dishes contain chicken. The average main dish with chicken is $7.50. Most main dishes are served with egg roll and roast pork fried rice. You can choose to order the delicious Chicken with Garlic Sauce Combination Plate, or the Chicken with Broccoli Combination Plate, or another for $7.50.
- People in Hong Kong love to eat pork or beef. In fact, many main dishes contain pork. A main dish based on pork and beef costs $7.50, and it is usually served with roast pork fried rice and an egg roll.
- A serving of French fries costs $1.95; and you can choose the accompaniment dish from the menu.
- Boneless Spare Ribs can be a suitable side dish for the French fries. Its average cost is $5.95 for a person, and $10.25 for two.
- The average cost of lunch in most restaurants in Hong Kong is $5.25; and they are usually served with either pork fried rice or white rice. Among the most common lunch dishes are Lunch Broccoli with Garlic Sauce, Lunch Curry Beef, or even Seafood Lunch Specials. You can also order Lunch Chicken and other accompaniments for $5.25.
- Coffee is a popular beverage in Hong Kong. The average cost of a cup of coffee in Hong Kong is about $9.00.
How much do you need for a week in Hong Kong?
Considering the average daily expenses on your breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a cup of coffee, you are likely to spend about $25.5 a day in Hong Kong, provided that you eat at a moderately priced restaurant.
If you plan to spend a week in Hong, you will spend about $178.5 or $200 on meals. To find a flight to Hong Kong, the best thing to do is to browse on the internet.
Opodo is an online travel agency which liaises with tour operators in Hong Kong. Apart from that, you can also easily find an accommodation through Opodo. Book your flight and hotel online with Opodo and get interesting offers.